New mobile phone price comparison service Mobilife accredited by Ofcom
June 1, 2011
Mobilife™ (www.mobilife.com), a mobile price comparison website that aims to simplify the process of choosing a new contract mobile phone deal, is the latest site to have its price comparison calculator accredited by Ofcom.
Mobilife’s price comparison calculator has been awarded the Ofcom price accreditation scheme logo for meeting the terms of a rigorous independent audit. The audit checks whether the information provided to consumers is accessible, accurate, transparent, comprehensive and up to date.
Mobilife helps consumers by finding the most appropriate package for them by finding deals based on analysis of their recent phone bills, or by searching for the best deal for the phone of their choice.
Ofcom research shows that 57 per cent of mobile users are more likely to shop around if there is information available to calculate the cheapest supplier and 50 per cent are more likely to trust an accredited price comparison website.
Ed Richards, Ofcom Chief Executive said: “Clear and accurate pricing information on mobile phone services is fundamental to consumer choice. Consumers can be sure that by using an Ofcom-accredited price comparison service they are going to be receiving accurate, transparent and comprehensive pricing information to enable them to choose the best mobile deal for them.”
Brian Boroff, MD of CInergy International, the company behind Mobilife, added, “Gaining Ofcom accreditation provides reassurance to consumers that the price information we present can be trusted. Mobilife aims to take the confusion out of the UK contract mobile market by letting consumers use its powerful, real-time bill analysis engine to receive the right recommendation for them based on analysis of all UK mobile deals available from networks and resellers. And we always give the results which deliver consumer savings first.”
NOTES FOR EDITORS
- Advice for consumers on Ofcom’s accredited price comparison calculators can be found at: http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/2009/07/price-comparison-video/.
- Mobilife is owned and operated by CInergy International (UK) Limited, based in London. CInergy was set up in 2003 Managing Director, Brian Boroff and Chairman, Richard Merrigan. CInergy delivers customer acquisition and retention solutions to UK mobile network operators. Its data and systems are currently relied upon by thousands of mobile network operator employees supporting some 30 million UK customers. For further information about CInergy and Mobilife please visit: www.cinergize.com or www.mobilife.com.
- To contact Mobilife:
Susanna Walker-Robson, Lansons Communications, Susannawr@lansons.com, 020 7294 3665 or Lauren Hunt-Morgan, Lansons Communications, Laurenhm@lansons.com, 020 7566 9729.
- Previously Ofcom has accredited Homephone Choices, BillMonitor, Broadband Choices, SimplifyDigital and Broadband.co.uk. Homephone Choices compares landline services, Billmonitor compares mobile services, Simplifydigital compares landline, digital TV and broadband services, while Broadband Choices and Broadband.co.uk compare broadband services. Ofcom also welcomes applications for accreditation from other price comparison companies.
- Ofcom is the independent regulator and competition authority for the UK communications industries, with responsibilities across television, radio, telecommunications and wireless communications services.
- For further information about Ofcom please visit: www.ofcom.org.uk. Ofcom’s news releases can be found at: http://media.ofcom.org.uk/.